Thursday, January 29, 2009

My 25 Things

All you you Faceback users out there have probably seen something new popping up in your news feed. Apparently some genius started this whole 25 things nonsense. For the non-Facebook users out there (Kate) this is how it works: You type out a list of 25 random facts about yourself, then you tag 25 of your friends to do the same thing. And they tell two friends, and they tell two friends. So far I've been tagged a handful of times to post my '25 things' list, but have resisted. It's not that I don't want to share information about myself. I think this blog makes it pretty clear that I don't mind sharing details about me. No, the reason why I've resisted is that it sort of has a chain letter quality to it. Chain letters always stopped with me. I don't like asking other people to do things. So I thought that I could just post my 25 things here, and then if people on Facebook bug me to post my 25 things, I'll just send them here. And if I'm lucky, they'll be from South Dakota or Montana and we can cross those states off the list. On that note, we've had our first visitor from West Virginia...just thought y'all would like the update. So...here's my list of 25 things about me:

1. I wish I had more exciting celebrity encounters. All I've got is sharing a plane with the big guy from P.M. Dawn and meeting Phyllis from The Office at the airport.

2. I don't ever get 'full'. I just run out of food on my plate. I think this is a problem.

3. I've worn way more spandex than any man ever should. Between 8 years in a circus and 4 years of cold weather running, I've had more than my share of tights-wearing. 

4. I went an entire semester of college without wearing pants on Sundays. This meant going to Taco Bell in my boxers.

5. I'm not very good with colors. Another way to put it would be to say I'm Red-Green colorblind, but I like my way better. This led my elementary school art teacher to think I was special. 

6. I watch Oprah pretty much everyday. Even though I don't like her. My thought here is that if she's going to brainwash half of the country, I wanna know what she's telling them.

7. Even though I'm surrounded by technology all the time, I'm fascinated by fax machines.

8. I'd probably buy more flowers if they had more masculine names. Posies, daisies, petunias...who came up with these names?

9. I don't think I've ever been punched in the face. Always wondered what it would feel like. Not enough to try it.

10. I've run six marathons. I know why I ran the first one, but have no clue why I ran the last five.

11. I really don't like loose change. Or any paper money, for that matter. 

12. I'm the only person I know that has no interest in going to Hawaii. Ever. 

13. Every time I fill up Gilbert's bowl, I wonder what his dog food tastes like. Not enough to try it, but I am curious. 

14. If I've heard a song three times, then I most likely know all the words. 

15. I started playing golf because it was the only sport where I could beat my dad. Then he got good at that. 

16. During conversations, the first thing that jumps into my mind is always something smartass. If I respond with something serious, it's probably the second or third thing that came into my mind. 

17. I went to space camp. Nerd.

18. I do several impressions. My favorite is Mel Gibson's daughter in What Women Want. Kate hates that impression. Come to think of it, it is pretty annoying.

19. If I had to pick my top 5 bands or artists, the list would include Jim Croce, The Beatles, 2Pac, Elvis, and Harry Chapin. I have no idea if it's a coincidence that they're all dead (or partially dead). Numbers 6 and 7 are still alive, but probably not for much longer (Willie and Dylan). 

20. I don't know how to cook much of anything. I've taken Home Ec, a cooking class, and watch The Food Network. Still got nothin. 

21.  I hate being late for anything. Even if it's an arbitrary ETD that I picked out of the sky. Kate hates being on time. I don't think either of us are going to budge on this one. 

22. I'd lift weights more if there weren't so many strong people at the gym.

23. I want to own more power tools, even if I never use them.

24. I feel productive on trash day if I remember to take the trash out. It's not much, but it gets the day started off on the right foot.

25. I wish I enjoyed reading books, but I really don't. Sorry Mom. 

So there's my 25. Now stop asking me to post these on Facebook. And if someone asks you to post your 25 on FB, you can steal any of mine that you want.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "number 5 alive" impression Nate. I've never forgotten that one. I remember when I had my jaw surgery and you were the only one who could make me laugh. I also love your Ed impression (from Ed and Heba on TBL). Keep up the great blogs. You give your sissy some good laughs!

Al Iverson said...

Wait....circus? What?

Like you, I have absolutely zero desire to go to Hawaii.

Amanda said...

#13 -- Dog food does not taste good. My brothers and I dared each other to taste it... we all had to spit it out. Imagine making cardboard the consistency of hard tack, adding salt and maybe some sort of meat flavor...

dog biscuits(off-brand milkbone, anyway), on the other hand, don't taste nearly as bad, but they're really dry and hard. And there is no discernible difference between the colors.

I'm now thinking perhaps my mom should have had us in an after school program.

MaryBe said...

I am pretty sure you just made this stuff up. Otherwise, I want to hear more about #3

Nate said...

Mary - I speak the truth. I was indeed a member of a circus, as a juggler and unicyclist. My dad was actually the ringmaster.

Anonymous said...

Nope, no desire to go to Hawaii either.

Allison said...

I like #6. It has inspired me to watch Oprah for the same reason.

Unknown said...

Betkey asked me the other day if I read your blog and how good it was. So I'm catching up and having a "Saturday's with Nate" event.

Anyway, I'm the same way you are regarding #7 - so much so I had to comment. Sean has tried to explain to me how the whole fax thing works and I still stare at him like he's forayed into Mandarin Chinese.

Nate said...

Ang - Yoohoo, Good Morning!
Glad that JB turned you on to the best blog ever. I am somewhat disappointed that Jen has been blogstalking. Post a comment every now and again, Jen!

I can't think of a better way to spend Valentine's Day than reading my blog. That's a lie.